Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Diary Excerpts Series: Part One

I wonder what will happen if we do this. Will he wake up and roll away from me in the morning, and make it obvious that I am intruding on his perfect morning world, where he always eats Lucky Charms, and now feels obligated to share those Lucky Charms with me? Or will he sleep and sleep until I’m finally already showered and dressed, and he rolls over in confusion, and then falls back quickly to sleep before I can say a word?

What if he wakes up before me and kisses me awake? What if we both stay awake all night, pretending to sleep, but wanting to be a half inch closer, and being too frightened to move?


Or maybe, we’ll wake up slowly, calmly? He’ll smile lazily at my blinking eyes whilst yawning. I’ll giggle nervously before burrowing deeper under the covers, and he’ll roll onto me, pinning me beneath as he reaches across the bed for his phone to check the time. Then he’ll nibble my ear and mess with my hair on his journey back to his side of the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment