Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Let's Be the Naked

I want to know what makes you,
You.
Here’s a bone
Here’s a breath
Here’s the mighty sinew!
Let’s be the naked,
Be the brave, and the bold.
I’ll see all the fears that
Have made you feel old.

Shed all convention,
Let the loving flag fly!
All the world is your stage
When you’re learning to cry.

Let’s be the naked,
Be the bold, be the brave.
You’ve given so much,
Now it’s our turn to save.

I’ll see each old scar
And I’ll know of the new.
I’m finding out now
What a friend ought to do.
When you’re fighting for air
At the edge of a boat
Standing like you’re not scared,
When I know that you’ll jump.

Let’s be the naked!
Be the scared and the ready!
I’ll see all I see,
I don’t care if it’s messy.
Let’s be the naked!
Don’t you cover in shame!
For all the reasons you’re scared,
It’s not you who’s to blame.

Let’s not cover up
All that you have to share.
Let’s be the naked;
Let’s be real, if you dare.

Let’s be the naked.
Just be brave, just be bold.



No comments:

Post a Comment