Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

More Okay

There was always a tiny moment
When I wasn’t sure how you actually
Felt about me.
It was the split second before
I saw your face
And before
You folded me up, deep into you.
Somehow that didn’t deter
The grand and delightful whispers of love.
I had felt so many things in my life
That I sometimes left you for a spell.
A sabbatical of the mind.
I couldn’t help the leaving,
And the absence wasn’t planned.
It was nice that you stayed put.
I was never really all that okay
But I was more okay with you.
I love my ability to feel
But if I could turn it off for a moment
Maybe I would finally sleep soundly since last I saw you.
Every sweeping memory takes me entirely
By surprise.
The flooding feelings don’t like to leave me be
And nothing cures them the way you do.
If you could do me a favor;
Come back.
I was never really all that okay
But I was more okay with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment